First meeting in new year was at 28’th January in SII headquarters, at 25’th floor of SkyTower (the highest build in Poland :)) . At meeting was invited Basia Fusińska, who come from Cracow to said us about Windows Phone from inside.
At her presentation Basia showed ascpects of programmers on Windows Phone, that:
– what is needed to configure developer environment,
– how to start and debug our appliaction (best in pink mobile ;))
– at what is needed attetion to design user interface – gesture that are used in Windows Phone,
– how look navigation in application on mobile,
– what are templetes for pages and controls,
– use the MVVM pattern when creating application,
– how to test application,
– how to connect with data base (and with one).
at discussion of various aspects has been demonstrated to us demo of application who connect to twitter: saw post of some users and save tweets in application. Soon you can download this appliaction from GitHub.
Betraying details (unofficial of course) Basia accepted to guide a Windows Phone workshop in May in Wrocław! 🙂
Second part was a networking. This time Kaśka Lekka show as a two games.
In first part everyone need to get a pieces of toilet paper (how much they wanted). Next everyone started to tell about their-self so much, how many pieces they had. The most had Marta, about 20.. so she told us about 20 things about her 😉
The goal of this game was shown, that how much you get from society, the same you should give back.
At next game we create two teams and everyone get a sheet of paper with some drawing. We cannot show anyone this, what we see in drawing and only describe what is there. Next we needed to create a story what is in this sheet of papers.
Pictures came from Istvan Banyai and you can see all of theme here: Zoom. The goal of this game was communication and tell other an important information, what helped to set a correct order of pictures 🙂